Holi is finally around the corner, I love this festival a lot as it is the only one probably that lets you make as much nuisance as possible and get away with it 😉 Eat a lot of crazy stuff, dance your heart out and ofcourse colors, lots and lots of colors…
What I don’t love though is the after party work it makes us do. The cleanup process later, they hair feeling dry and skin feeling itchy. Even though you might choose to go Organic with colors to avoid all of this but there is no way you can be assured of the rest.
So, here are 10 pre and post Holi Hacks that will make your party and after party equally good… 🙂
- Beginning with the precautionary tips. Here is the first and easiest one soak your skin with moisturizer and sunscreen, even your face (My best combo is baby oil with sunscreen). The sunscreen will protect your skin from major damage and at the same time oil will make the colors go away like magic. Yes, you might be little greasy but who cares its Holi.. 😛
- Go easy on makeup, I would say moisturizer and lip balm is just good enough. But if you want to add some color to the skin go ahead with a little waterproof kajal and mascara and rock the nude lips and skin. Let the colors of the festival shine on your face.
3. Hair oil is always your friend but on Holi it is going to be your best friend. Oil your hair from root to tip so that the color doesn’t stick on to the hair and washing gets easy. You can pick your regular hair oil, I have always used Almond Oil and it never disappointed me.
4. Try and go for the hairstyle, that ties up everything; a tight high ponytail or maybe a fishtail braid just to reduce the surface area that comes in touch with the color which will make the cleanup process much easier.
5. If the color is too stubborn to get off your hair, don’t keep washing your head over and over again with shampoo, it will make your hair really dry and damaged. Instead, use curd. Yup, curd; not only will the colors come out quickly but also curd will nourish your hair at the same time.
6. Do not use hot irons or blow dryers on your hair for a few days, just let them be their bouncy natural self.
7. If you have longer nails, trim them to avoid any color deposit behind the nails and also add a coat of nail paint of your favorite color to avoid the color from sticking onto your pretty nails. Also, apply baby oil around cuticles and behind the nails before stepping out.
8. Do not go crazy scrubbing your face to get the colors off. It is really harsh on the skin. Try a mix of Curd & Besan to apply on the face. It will make your job easier and faster.
9. Do not ever use acetone or nail polish removers or lemon directly on the skin in an attempt to remove colors. It will make your skin very very sensitive and prone to damage. Just work with natural ingredients slowly and keep your skin happy.
10. I would say try to cover up your body as much as possible, but if you go totally crazy like I do just try and wear lighter shades clothes if possible (for beautiful pictures) & prefer cotton as it dries out faster and is less heavy when wet 😉
Have a wonderful and fun-filled Holi!!