It is time to show off the flash art again girls. Well, I seriously thought the trend will last only a summer and then die a quick death, but the Social Media and in particular Instagram I guess, has done too well in flourishing the trend (#flashtat). This trend has been alive and doing amazingly well since last year & now you can find all sorts of inexpensive, temporary versions of the original deal. Also known as “body jewelry” due to their shiny appearance, the tattoos are super versatile and can be worn as anklets, bracelets, rings, chains, on your backs, on your waist, well practically anywhere you can show them off. What started as an experiment is now a full blown industry that everyone is tapping into.
I got my first two sheets from Vero Moda last year and had super fun with them. As you can see I almost used them both. 😀 😀
You can choose for multiple versions available on almost all online sites and also get customized tattoos at some places. I love these two sites in particular:
Why I love them?
- Numerous designs to experiment, flaunt and change.
- No pain.
- Easily Accessible
- Practical, cheap and shiny version of permanent tattoos.
- Fashionable & Trendy.
- Easily removable.
- Come with easy to use and remove instructions.
Some Facts :
- Last around 4-6 days depending on quality and where they are placed.
- Avoid soap, sunscreen, lotions or oils near or on your tattoo.
- Non-toxic and absolutely safe for skin(Buy from trusted brands/sources).
- Style anywhere on the body, get as creative as you can with them.
- To remove : Soak your skin in baby oil/ olive oil/ coconut oil for one minute then gently scrub off. Repeat as necessary. Apply lotion to moisturize and soothe the skin area.
Once you try them on, you would want to hunt down for the specific designs and styles that you love. Which happened with me and I ended up grabbing these pretty sheets from different local stores to rock with my – no wonder they are my crush.
I have 2 permanent tattoos and I don’t think I am going to stop at that. But until I decide what I want next on my body I will happily experiment with hundreds of these. Do give a try at this & have some fun with art on your body!