Hey friends, we are in 2017…. So, it’s officially that time of the year when all of us reflect on the past and try to make goals or promises or resolutions for the future (well, most of us 😛 ). Now sometimes we say it out loud to our friends and family, sometimes we just make a list and keep it to ourselves and sometimes we just think of it and make a subconscious mental note about something that we really really want to do.
I had a few resolutions last year for myself that I shared with my friends, some of them I accomplished and some just became meaningless as the year progressed but there were a few that I wish I could have done. So, here I am writing my short and sweet “17 list”, sharing it with you all this time, simply for the reason that I think it will motivate me a tad bit more (and I might motivate some of you in the process). So here it is.
- Read one book a month (I did this successfully in 2016 and really enjoyed reading so I wanted to bring this resolution with me to 2017 as well).
- Travel Solo to someplace.
- Learn Spanish.
- Learn Self Photography.
- Drink more water & eat healthy (Learn how to feed yourself to lead a happy, healthy life).
- Learn to ride Bike.
- Plan a morning routine and stick to it (This one is going to be the hardest of all for me 😦 ).
- Make a painting every month.
- Start Journaling (It helps keep the mind decluttered of all the noise that gets in there everyday).
- Focus more on yourself.
- Travel more.
- Declutter physical & mental space.
- Find 5 things to be grateful about everyday.
- Yoga, Just do it (I feel I have taken my health for granted and New Year is a good start to give back to it).
- Meditate or self reflect everyday.
- Learn a new language (and by language I mean Programming Language 😀 ).
- Get a pet (this one is still under some serious debate 😛 ).
I have never written down my resolutions before and tracked the progress and I believe these shouldn’t be hard and fast, do or die things but just a casual list that gives you pleasure and confidence, that helps you grow. Breaking resolutions doesn’t matter, until you try to do the best you can and enjoy the process. If you also have something in your list for 2017, do share with me, I would love to hear it.
So here is to New Year, Resolutions, Happiness and Self Love… Cheers!!