Now that we are just 8 days away from 2018, I thought I would do something exciting before the new year knocks on the door. And as I started planning out on the 8 Things I wanted to do before this year ends, I decided to share it with you all as well. So here we go…
1. Read a Book: We all have that one book that we have been wanting to read but can’t find the time to. I know it might seem difficult to do now in 10 days but what better time than now to push yourself and get this out of the way before the year starts. My pick – The Power Of Habit
2. Walk 10,000 steps every day: Monitoring your steps every day is the easiest way to get into the fitness zone (which I have been trying for a while now). You don’t need to invest in expensive gadgets, just download Google Fit – Fitness Tracking App and you are good to go (and remember every step counts 😉 ).
3. Start a new workout: I have been wanting to do Yoga for months now. Most people would wait for New Year to start any fitness resolutions but there is no better time to start such habits then now. And by the time New Year arrives, I am hoping I will be in momentum to take it forward into the year.
Blogilates is a very nice channel to get you started with some simple exercises at home and you can check out this 30 min practice of Sivananda Yoga.
4. Declutter & Organize: Go through all your belongings clothes, shoes, books, stationary whatever you have. If you live in an apartment you might wanna go through your stocked fridge, kitchen drawers etc. Donate the stuff you don’t need to charity and what can’t be of any good to anyone just throw it off. Change your environment or redecorate your room to align it with your own personality, keep it clean and simple and make it a happy space for yourself.
5. Spend time with yourself: Go for a movie by yourself, see a local exhibition, have breakfast or lunch or dinner at a restaurant or maybe go to Starbucks and read your book with your favorite cup of drink and just enjoy your own company. I haven’t done that in a while now so that needs to be ticked off.
6. Plan a Trip: I started this one with going on a trip but then realized 8 days aren’t enough to plan the nitty-gritty details of the trip so I decided I will plan a trip for next year, welcome the year with the excitement of the trip. I feel there is so much to see in our Country and every year I should add more and more places to my list.
7. Reflect: Be grateful for the year you had. This time of the year everyone is focused on planning the year that’s coming ahead, but before you step into that territory it’s very crucial to reflect on the past, and just see how great it has been. Appreciate what you have received and appreciate the hard work that you have put in to be where you are today.
8. Start your Resolutions now: Start planning the New Year, get a new planner, start creating your calendar, make your trip plans, a bucket list or whatever it is that you feel needs to be done to get the new year rolling as smooth and energetic and happy as possible. 🙂