“Life is too short to leave your wishes and dreams at the mercy of Perfection.”
Our desires are far too important to be kept aside for anything or anyone especially the idea of Perfection. Time or circumstances might never be perfect, it’s our will and interest in what we want that has to be perfect. If you want to learn photography or painting or build a business of your own or a Youtube channel, there wasn’t a time and there won’t be a time as Perfect as right now to get started.
We all crave perfection in our work and that sometimes pushes our dreams farther away from us. I am not saying perfection is a terrible idea, but it’s definitely overrated. For instance, if you want to start Blogging, get on it in. Just take it a day at a time. You might not be regular or have fancy pictures or have the perfect layout in the beginning, but it will all slowly come to you. Let me tell you about my journey at Blogging so far.
- Waited approximately 3-4 years for the perfect moment, making stupid excuses that I don’t know how to create a website or I don’t have the perfect camera yadda, yadda, yadda!
- One fine evening a friend of mine pushed my buttons, asked me to write a Blog (just whatever) and meanwhile, he created a basic site on WordPress with the first template he saw.
- I have been on and off ever since, writing whenever I find the time and writing whatever I wanna write.
- I have also changed 3 – 4 themes to make my site look more refined and aligned to my taste.
- After almost 1.5 years of blogging and not buying the domain (soulstrokes.co.in) thinking that I don’t have the perfect name yet, a friend came to my rescue again and bought this Domain. 🙂
- People have been telling me ever since that I need to build a niche, the blog should be either Fashion or Travel or LifeStyle. I have heard them all, but followed my heart on this one and have been blogging about everything that I want to share.
- Do I have a perfect Blog? No, I don’t think so. But what the heck! I have a Blog and I love posting new content and I will continue to improve and improvise forever.
I had this silly want of getting one good, professional photo shoot. No dreamy, sassy dress, no fancy shoot location but just some decent pictures that could make me smile whenever I think of the experience. Years passed but I never got the perfect moment to take that plunge. One fine day we did “my first shoot” at my home in a saree. I wasn’t expecting much out of it but the pictures turned out beautifully and the fun and drama we had working on the nitty-gritty details that crazy afternoon was just amazing. I will cherish those memories for life, after all, it was my much awaited “shoot” (and I managed not to fall in that saree 😉 ).
Start building your resources gradually, gathering relevant information, contacting relevant people or companies, asking for help from your friends. Take those little steps towards your dream with the wings of passion on your back and soon you will be holding it all in your hands. If you have an intuitive nudge to work towards something no matter how big or small it is you don’t have to wait for someone’s consent or the perfect moment or perfect whatever. Just Start. Start and create for the sake of creating, to feel more confident, to feel more fulfilled. Work towards what your heart desires and you never know what the road may lead to 😀 .
Trust me, You are very lucky if you have Dreams! Make the most of them.