All I knew or I thought I knew about VLCC before attending their event one day was that VLCC is a very well known health and wellness brand. Little did I knew that they have mastered the Beauty line as well. I was really excited to attend the event VLCC hosted in Hyderabad where they talked about all their services and more importantly the experts answered all our health, wellness and beauty queries. I am sure all of us have come across VLCC, but I am going to tell you some of the cooler and lesser known beauty services provided by the brand and also will share the reviews of the products that we received at the event. Continue reading “#VLCCStyleStatements : Product Reviews”
Activated charcoal is a potent natural treatment used to trap toxins and chemicals in the body, allowing them to be flushed out so the body doesn’t reabsorb them. It is a fine, black powder that is odorless, tasteless, and nontoxic. The whole benefit of activation is that it increases the surface area of charcoal, and makes it dry & porous. It readily absorbs a wide range of organic compounds dissolved or suspended in gases and liquids. Continue reading “Activated Charcoal: 5 easy uses at home!”
Hi guys, I am back with a very very different look this time with Liberent in a classy, sexy, elegant & chic Lehenga. There are so many weddings & parties happening all the year round in our circles. Mehendi, Haldi, Sangeet, Parties, Fashion weeks, etc. etc. Most of the times we practically get away with the easy picks (western wear, suits and sarees) but some occasions demand a really elaborate couture and styling.
With so many functions coming up every now and then to attend in our busy lives, there is hardly time to be spent on getting the right Lehenga custom made from scratch and then patiently wait for it to be delivered. Neither would you want to spend your hard earned money to buy outfits that we hardly ever wear after the very occasion we buy them for. Renting is coming to rescue us from all those problems.
They have so many options to choose from, custom fit outfits as per your measurements, free home delivery and pick up, Liberent has made renting so much more easy and fun. And you can rock beautiful, gorgeous outfits on every occasion without ever worrying about your pocket. I got this beautiful gold & silver embroidered lehenga in this eye popping velvet blue and I fell so in love with it. As the lehenga was so bold and edgy I wanted to keep it simple with the top. So I added on a lace embroidered black top to get all focus to the shining beauty. I kept the whole look very simple, with a braid and black heels.
I loved how the whole look turned out with this gorgeous attire. Thanking you so much Liberent for having this wonderful piece in your stash which is no less than Haute Couture. (And they were too sweet to send a back up dress too :* :* )
Holi is finally around the corner, I love this festival a lot as it is the only one probably that lets you make as much nuisance as possible and get away with it 😉 Eat a lot of crazy stuff, dance your heart out and colors wow; load and loads of colors…
What I don’t love about the festival though is the after party work it makes us do. The clean up process later, dry hair and itchy skin. Even though you might choose to go Organic with colors but there is no way you can be assured about the rest.
So, here are 10 pre and post holi hacks that will make your party and after party equally good… 🙂
- Beginning with the precautionary tips. Here is the first and easiest one soak your skin with moisturizer and sunscreen, even your face (My best combo is baby oil with sunscreen). The sunscreen will protect your skin from major damage and at the same time oil will make the colors go away like magic. Yes you might be little greasy but who cares it’s Holi.. 😛
- Go easy on makeup, I would say moisturizer and lip balm is just good enough. But if you want to add some color to the skin go ahead with a little waterproof kajal and mascara and rock the nude lips and skin. Let the colors of the festival shine on your face.
3. Hair oil is always your friend but on Holi it is going to be your best friend. Oil your hair from root to tip so that the color doesn’t stick on to the hair and washing gets easy. You can pick your regular hair oil, I have always used Almond Oil and it never disappointed me.
4. Try and go for the hairstyle, that ties up everything; a tight high ponytail or maybe a fishtail braid just to reduce the surface area that comes in touch with the color which will make the cleanup process much easier.
5. If the color is too stubborn to get off your hair, don’t keep washing your head over and over again with shampoo, it will make your hair really dry and damaged. Instead use curd. Yup, curd; not only will the colors come out quickly but also curd will nourish your hair at the same time.
6. Do not use hot irons or blow dryers on your hair for a few days, just let them be their bouncy natural self.
7. I f you have longer nails, trim then to avoid any color deposit behind the nails and also add a coat of nail paint of your favorite color to avoid the color from sticking onto your pretty nails. Also apply baby oil around cuticles and behind the nails before stepping out.
8. Do not go crazy scrubbing your face to get the colors off. It is really harsh on skin. Try a mix of Curd & Besan to apply on the face. It will make your job easier and faster.
9. Do not ever use acetone or nail polish removers or lemon directly on the skin in an attempt to remove colors. It will make your skin very very sensitive and prone to damage. Just work with natural ingredients slowly and keep your skin happy.
10. I would say try to cover up your body as much as possible, but if you go totally crazy like I do just try and wear lighter shades clothes if possible (for beautiful pictures) & prefer cotton as it dries out faster and is less heavy when wet 😉
Have a wonderful and fun-filled Holi!!
If you saw my last post (Fashion Show : CASINO) you have seen the grand kick off we made to our with the show, we couldn’t think of anything to match for the expertise and creativity that went in there. So decided to end the show with a little this and a little that.
We mixed several different ideas into a show and tried to engulf everyone personal style into it. From School girl to Boho chic, from Retro couple to page 3 duo, we did funk up this one a little bit and ended on a swag note!!
And then came Vishal & Shekhar making the night truly unforgettable!!
I hope I get to live another night like this one soon enough!!